PAX Lights What Do They Mean?
If your vape isn’t functioning properly, you’ll likely turn to the LED indicator to get an idea of what’s going on. This little window into your vape communicates its status with changing colors, steady pulsating, blinking, or other similar behaviors. By observing this light and consulting your device’s manual, you can decipher the status of your vape pen, portable vaporizer, or desktop vaporizer and make the proper adjustments.
Sometimes, though, the answer isn’t always clear. Your vape pen light can begin blinking without warning or without a clear cause as to why it’s changed. In order to use your vape safely, though, the issue needs to be resolved. What could cause your vape pen light to start blinking, and how do you troubleshoot your vape and solve the problem?
The indicator light on every PAX portable vaporizer model serves as a window into how your device functions. Those four little LED petals, arranged in the shape of the PAX logo, will change color, blink, and fade to reflect your device’s mode and status. In this guide, we take you through the colors and functions of the LED indicator on the PAX 3, PAX 2 and Era PRO.
Reading the LED indicator on PAX 2 and PAX 3
The LED indicator light on PAX 2 and PAX 3 shares many of the same behaviors while the device is in use, while charging and indicating battery, and for setting temperature. Functionalities for PAX 2 and PAX 3 are the same unless otherwise noted.
- While checking the battery: The LED indicator will turn white while checking battery life. Each petal corresponds to the battery life in 25 percent increments. Four illuminated petals indicates 75% to 100% battery, for example.
- Low battery (PAX 2): The LED indicator will blink red three times, and then the device will shut off.
- Low battery (PAX 3): The upper-left petal will blink red three times.
While charging: The LED indicator will pulse white while charging.
- When changing the temperature on the device:
- One green petal - 360°F (180°C)
- Two yellow petals - 380°F (193°C)
- Three orange petals - 400°F (204°C)
- Four red petals - 420°F (215°C)
- When changing the temperature on the device:
- While heating: Purple pulsing petals indicate the device is heating.
- When the device is ready: The lights will change from purple to green.
- While drawing: The LED indicator light will pulse green.
- Entering standby mode: All four petals will turn blue.
Color themes (PAX 3 only):
- Colors can be changed for LED indicator behavior during startup, which is set to a white swirl by default, heating, set to a fast purple up-wave by default, regulating, set to a green plasma by default, and standby, set to a slow blue down-wave by default.
Reading your PAX Era’s indicator light
PAX’s pod system vape has similar LED functionalities to PAX 2 and PAX 3. While this vape operates differently from PAX 2 and PAX 3, familiar basic functionalities such as battery charging and temperature settings remain unchanged.
- While charging: Each petal will pulse white while charging. The light turns solid white and the next petal begins to pulse as the device charges. Four solid white LEDs indicates that the battery is fully charged.
- Battery level: The LED indicator will turn white. Each petal corresponds to the approximate battery life in 25 percent increments.
- Low battery: The petals will turn red and blink three times before powering down.
- One green petal - low (520°F, 270°C)
- Two yellow petals - medium-low (610°F, 320°C)
- Three orange petals - medium-high (700°F, 370°C)
- Four red petals - high (790°F, 420°C)
- Inserting the pod: White LEDs sweep downward
- Removing the pod: Blue LEDs sweep upward
- While taking a draw: The LED indicator will be white and dim; brightness will increase as you reach the end of your draw.
- Usage monitoring: The petals will cycle through green (one puff per lit petal), blue (two puffs per lit petal), and red (three puffs per lit petal) to indicate the number of puffs you’ve taken in a session. For example, six puffs are represented visually by two green petals, indicating one puff each, and two blue petals, indicating two puffs each.
- Reset session usage: The LED light will turn green and swirl counter-clockwise.
- Child lock: The LED indicator will turn red and make a counter-clockwise motion.
How to fix a blinking vape pen
- Charge your vape. Plug in your vape at the earliest opportunity, and give it time to recharge completely before attempting to use it again. For PAX devices, this time varies. It will take approximately 2 to 3 hours for PAX 2 to recharge, around 90 minutes for PAX 3 to recharge, and about 45 minutes for PAX Era to recharge.
- Check your cannabis materials. Unscrew and reconnect the vape cartridge or pod, or open, empty, and repack the chamber.
- Examine the button. Double-check that the power button is not jammed or stuck in an unusual position.
- Clean your vape. Check your vape’s user manual and follow the instructions to clear debris from the mouthpiece, the chamber, and any connectors on the vape. PAX 2 and PAX 3 portable vaporizers come with a maintenance kit which includes pipe cleaners and a wire brush.
- Check that all components are in the right place. If you recently removed components for cleaning, double-check that the mouthpiece, oven lid, and any other parts were put back correctly.
Getting the most out of your PAX portable vaporizer
Understanding your LED indicator is an important step as you master your portable vaporizer. With just a quick glance, you’ll know exactly what your vaporizer is doing or what it needs to operate at its best.