Ask PAX: Temperature Settings
Got a question about PAX devices and products? We've got answers.
Hi there PAX!
I was so excited to give my new PAX device a go, that I tossed out ALL the packaging and instructions. I know you’re able to tweak and adjust the temperature settings on the device, I just can’t seem to figure out how.
Because I threw out the instructions... because I was too excited to start using my new "gadget" (oops).
Can you help?
Howdy Overly Excited,
I think we have a LOT in common. I love that feeling of excitement of opening up a brand new PAX device and just jumping right in!
And while PAX devices are pretty intuitive and easy to use, there’s a lot you’re missing out on by not being able to adjust the temperature settings on your device.
Lucky for you, I’m something of a PAX expert. And I LOVE to help out my fellow PAX fans.
As a general rule of thumb on all PAX devices: Lower temps are better for flavor. Higher temps produce more vapor. And the trick is to find the sweet spot that works best for you!
Since you didn’t mention which specific PAX device you’re using, I’ll just give some quick temperature tips for them ALL. (Did I mention I LOVE talking about this stuff?)
Era Life & Era Pro
Adjust the temp of any Era Life or Era Pro device using the Pop and Click gesture
- Pop your pod up — no need to take it out all the way.
- Quickly drop your pod back down to advance to the next temperature (no need to push it in completely).
- Do steps 1 and 2 repeatedly to continue cycling through the temperature settings. When you see your desired setting, click the pod back into place. The device will light up and vibrate to confirm the setting
PAX 2 & PAX 3
You can enter Temperature Set mode on PAX 2 or PAX 3 by:
- While your device is one, press the mouthpiece for at least 2 seconds and release.
- LED Petals will display the current temperature.
- Once in this mode, use short presses to cycle through the 4 temperature presets.
- To confirm temperature and exit, long press the power button or just shake your PAX.
I know that’s A LOT of info, Overly Excited. But I hope it helps you fine-tune your temp and your PAX experience. And I’m always here to help if you have any more questions!